Monday, August 18, 2014

Life Update and Food with Love August 2014

Wow summer flew by! My grandma had a minor stroke in June so my family and I have been busy taking care of her. I bring this up because grandma has lost interest in many things, including food. It's a victory if she's willing to eat more than a couple of bites at meal time. A Chipotle bowl last week was a win! She kept spooning rice, veggies, and chicken into her mouth. All the while she kept saying how it was 'too spicy'. It wasn't spicy but it did have bits of onion in the salsa so that probably set off her spicy meter.

I like to open subscription boxes with my grandma too. I opened my Love with Food box with her the other day. She really enjoyed the Nutty Rice Bites. It's mini rice squares with nuts and currants. If grandma likes something she'll usually have 2-3 pieces but with the rice bites she had 5 pieces! Victory!

Here's what was in the August box:

Fun at the County Fair theme

all-natural cheddar crackers and squirrel-shaped animal crackers

steak-flavored potato chips, lollipops, and salt water taffy

Nutty Rice Bites, ice pop, and Kettle Sweet peanuts

No comments:

Post a Comment